I may be in the minority, but I am not the biggest fan of potato salad with mayo. That’s why I love this warm potato salad.
This recipe is also a great way to use up that bag of potatoes in your pantry. You know the one that got pushed into the back and then a few weeks later you reach in and think “what is this?!”
Meal prepping your potatoes is a game changer for me. Every weekend I bake off about 5-6 potatoes and store them in my fridge for all sorts of things. Which is why this warm potato salad comes together in about 15 minutes.
The dressing is light and vinegary. I used grapeseed oil but feel free to use olive oil if you have it. Save your good olive oil for recipes like this instead of cooking with it. The smoke point isn’t very high with olive oil and you can easily burn the food you saute if you have the temperature above medium high.
- 1 pound baked potatoes, cooled and diced
- 2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat a skillet with avocado oil spray. Add the diced potatoes to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping so all sides get crispy.
- In a microwave safe bowl (I used a 1 cup glass measuring cup) add the vinegar, broth, Dijon, horseradish, honey, mustard powder and black pepper. Microwave for one minute, right before the potatoes are done.
- In a large bowl add the arugula. Mix the oil into the mustard mixture and whisk until combined. Add potatoes to bowl and dressing and toss until combined. Place in serving dish. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
On #teampurple this is 1 point. On #teamblue and #teamgreen each serving is 3 points.
Let me know if you give this a try. If you love salads, check out my chopped broccoli salad. So good too!