make 12 slices
6.6g carbs per slice
For the cake
· 750 g full fat greek style yogurt
· 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
· 12g Splenda (sweetener)
· 24 g gelatine (powder)
· 200 g whipping cream, cooled/chilled
· 300 g frozen raspberries
For the raspberry cream
· 125g mascarpone cheese
· 2 tbsp. raspberries
· 2 tbsp. splenda
· Line a 22 diameter springform tin with baking paper. You will need to cut a circle for the base and a long, 15cm wide strip of paper that you will use to line the side of the tin.
· In a big bowl mix yogurt with splenda.
· Dissolve gelatine in ¼ cup of hot water. Add 4 tbsp. of yogurt mixture to gelatine and mix well until gelatine well dissolved.
· Combine gelatine mixture with yogurt.
· Whip the cream and add gently to yogurt mixture.
· Add frozen raspberries (put aside 2 tbsp. for the cream) and mix it all very gently.
· Pour the mixture into the tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
· Mix mascarpone with raspberries and splenda. Spread the cream on the top of set cake.
Now I’ll just go and get my cup and plate …
If you should be interested in reading a little more about the LCHF lifestyle then why not have a look at our ‘Introduction to low-carb for beginners’ post here
A variety of recipe ideas, food suggestions and articles are within this blog, but not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan