One of my favorite things to bring to a cookout (besides the meat!) is a good summer pasta salad.
There are two stars to this salad – the giardiniera dressing and the Galileo® Salame. Best part is that this can be made ahead of time and it’s good in the fridge for several days.
- For the salad:
- 1 pound cooked pasta, drained and cooled
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 radishes, diced
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls, sliced in half
- 7 ounces Galileo® Salame, sliced
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped giardiniera
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with avocado oil spray. Cook the corn, turning every couple minutes, until charred. Let cool. In the same skillet, add the asparagus, red pepper and zucchini and sauté for four minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the dressing. Add the cooked pasta to a large bowl. Cut corn off cob and add that to the bowl. Add the cooled asparagus, red pepper and zucchini mixture. Add the cucumber, radish, mozzarella and Galileo® Salame. Add dressing and mix well. T
The Galileo® Salame can be found in the lunchmeat aisle at Walmart. This will last in the fridge for up to three days, so feel free to make it ahead of time for your next BBQ for easy, simple entertaining. #Walmart @walmart
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 255Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 562mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g
I love that there are both cooked and raw veggies in this pasta salad. The dressing is slightly spicy and the Galileo® Salame has a nice spicy kick too.
You can find Galileo® Salame near the deli items at your local Walmart.
What’s your favorite veggie to add to pasta salad?