This Nashville hot shrimp and grits recipe will be a great recipe to have in your back pocket when you are short on time.
It’s ready in about ten minutes and you don’t need to pull the air fryer or deep fryer out. Winning!
What is Nashville Hot?
Unlike buffalo sauce, Nashville Hot is all dry seasoning with the star ingredient usually being cayenne Pepper. I bought mine at Walmart for $1.98.
My “breading” if you will is a quick light tempura batter using self-rising flour, water and some of the seasoning.
- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour (or regular)
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Nashville Hot seasoning
- avocado oil spray
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup quick grits
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Nashville Hot seasoning
- chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Put the grits and 1 cup water in a 4 cup measuring cup. Microwave for 6 minutes. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, pan fry the zucchini over medium low heat for 6-7 minutes, flipping once.
- Mix the flour and 4 tablespoons cold water until combined. Stir in the Nashville Hot seasoning.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with avocado oil spray.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, and cook for 6-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To plate: Pour the grits in the middle of the plate. Add the zucchini on the side. Add the cooked shrimp. Add the teaspoon of butter to the pan with 1/4 teaspoon Nashville Hot seasoning and pour over grits.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
On #teampurple and #teamblue this is 8 points. On #teamgreen it’s 9 points.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 452Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 3610mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
Guys, this is so flavorful spicy!
If you love shrimp, check out some of my other shrimp recipes here.