Take your keto cookies over the top with some browned butter and pecans! So rich and delicious, and easy to make. Your friends won’t believe these chocolate chip cookies are low carb and made without any sugar. And browned butter gives them a truly special, almost caramel-like, flavor.
Low Carb Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar replacement
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is melted and becomes a deep amber, 4 to 5 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, brown sugar replacement, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the browned butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined. Then stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press down to about ½ inch thick.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until puffed and the edges are golden. Remove and let cool completely on the pan. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.