It’s pumpkin season, and you shouldn’t need an excuse to enjoy this festive and sweet but lowish-carb ingredient. But just in case you need a little enticement, we wrapped this pumpkin in bacon. Slow-roasting accentuates the natural brown-sugar sweetness of the pumpkin, and crispy bacon makes everything better. Enjoy these as a snack, an appetizer, or a kind of thick-cut keto French fry. We suggest a sour cream dipping sauce with smoked paprika, which offers cool richness, an echo of the bacon’s smokiness, and a refreshing tanginess.
Keto Bacon-Wrapped Pumpkin Slices
- 1 small pumpkin
- 24 slices of bacon
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, zested/minced/pureed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- De-stem pumpkin and slice in half. Scoop the seeds and discard or reserve for another use.
- Slice pumpkin into thin crescents, about ¾” thick.
- Wrap each slice of pumpkin with one strip of bacon. Place on a sheet tray.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or until pumpkin is cooked through and bacon is crispy.
- Make the sauce: combine sour cream and seasonings in a small bowl.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.