Until yesterday, I had never heard of Costco Chicken Bake. But I received a dozen requests to make a healthy Costco chicken bake and here we are!
One of my favorite things to do is lighten up recipes, but not just to make them lower calorie and points – flavor has to be amazing as well or why bother.
My first thought was to make a mornay sauce with Parmesan cheese, but realized that may be too many steps, so in the end bought a store bought light caeser dressing. If you can find Bolthouse Farms dressing, that will lower this by a point on all plans.
I used minimal cheese, so the chicken had to be the star. I used these seasonings:
How many calories is Costco Chicken Bake?
The answer to that is 770 calories and a whopping 25 grams of fat. Mine reduces the calories by half and drastically reduces the fat to only 8.8 grams.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I added a full teaspoon!)
- 16 ounces skinny pizza dough
- 2 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- 8 teaspoons light caesar dressing
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 teaspoon water for egg wash
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Mix the chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium heat, until almost fully cooked. Set aside and cool.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Roll out 4 ounces of dough for each chicken bake.
- Make the bake in this order for each bake: 1/2 ounce mozzarella cheese, 3 ounces of the cooked chicken, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/2 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon bacon bits and 2 teaspoons of the caeser dressing.
- Roll up like a burrito. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle one teaspoon of Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 17 minutes. Let cool a couple minutes, then slice.
On #teampurple and #teamblue this bake is 7 points each; on #teamgreen its 9 points. If you count calories or macros, its 366 calories, 8.8 fat, 32 carbs, .2 fat, 32 protein,
Um, where has this been all my life?! It is flavorful, slightly spicy, cheesy, salt and the crust is crisp, but the inside of the bake is chewy. #swoon
So thank you to everyone who asked me to make a healthier version. And if you are new around here, you can find the recipe for the skinny pizza dough here.
Please let me know if you make it, and if you do, please rate the recipe – thank you!