If there are tater tots on a menu, I always get them. I even ask just to make sure if I don’t see them on the menu – ha! These buffalo mashed potato bites are just as good.
Natural Heaven has brown rice hearts of palm on the market! You can check it out here and use code BIZ to save $.
If you’ve never had hearts of palm before, it’s kind of like the tofu of vegetables – it’s a clean slate because it doesn’t really taste like anything.
By using the Natural Heaven’s brown rice in these tater tots, it bulks up the recipe without adding so many calories. A serving (5 tots) is only 163 calories!
- 8 ounces baked potato, shredded
- 1 cup hearts of palm (I used Natural Heaven’s Brown Rice)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the above ingredients together. Using a heaping tablespoon, shape the mixture into a tot shape, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze the tots for 30 minutes. This will help hold their shape.
- Cook two ways: pan fry all sides in avocado oil spray until all sides are browned – about 10 minutes. Alternatively you can air fry them (sprayed with avocado oil spray) for 13 minutes at 400.
On #teampurle each serving is 2 points. On #teamblue and #teamgreen they are 4 points.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 136Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
You can cook these two ways: air fryer or pan fried. I decided to pan fry them first because everyone has an air fryer. And if I only posted that I pan fried them, most likely I would get about two dozen messages asking “can these be air fried?” Both ways are delicious! Note: I did deep clean my air fryer after I saw this photo – ha!
These are light, fluffy, flavorful and delicious. I hope you give Natural Heaven’s brown rice pasta a try. I’ve loved their hearts of palm pasta – check out some of the recipes I made here.
Question of the Day: if you see tater tots on the menu, do you order them automatically?