It is because almond flour is a bit denser than traditional flours, it makes these low carb brownies so satisfying. But, they’ve still got a surprisingly light, airy, and cakey texture thanks to the fluffiness from the eggs! There are more eggs in this recipe than traditional brownie recipes because they’re needed to prevent your low carb brownies from crumbling.
makes 24 bite size brownies
¾ cup almond flour
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup erythritol, to taste
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup (grass fed) butter or coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Combine dry and wet mixtures.
4. Transfer to an 8×8-inch pan, or a brownie bites silicone mold.
5. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the kind of pan or mold you use, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool, serve, and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 mini brownie
Calories: 47 Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 2g Fibre: 2g Protein: 2g
A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan