Quiche is one of my favorite ways not only to meal prep for the week, but to use up leftover food in my fridge. That is how I made this broccoli cheese quiche. With bacon. Everything is better with bacon!
If you are new to WW, or looking for quick and easy dishes, this one clicks all the boxes. Bacon bits can be bought in bulk at Sam’s Club. They last a long time and are only 25 calories a tablespoon and a great way to get that bacon flavor without going to the hassle of cooking up bacon.
Try using sliced potatoes for your quiche. Perfect for two reasons. It’s delicious. Because I use this as a meal prep, simply reheat the quiche upside down in a skillet so the potatoes get crispy again. So good.
Part of my weekly meal prep too is to bake off several baked potatoes. You can microwave, or this time I used my air fryer.
Meanwhile I washed and completely dried the potatoes, sprayed them with avocado oil spray, salt and pepper and baked at 400 for 40 minutes. Such crispy skin, especially if you are eating right away.
Lastly bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Just let it sit for about 15 minutes before slicing. To reheat, simply cook in a skillet, potato crust side down, and heat for 5-7 minutes to crisp the potato.
What can you put in a quiche?
The possibilities are endless! Even though I steamed the broccoli in this dish ahead of time, you can put in raw veggies. Personally I would saute mushrooms or peppers if I was adding those, but feel free to add whatever veggies and cheese you have on hand. I’ve also used unsweetened almond milk and skim milk too.
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces cooked baked potato, sliced
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl add the cottage cheese, eggs, sour cream, egg whites, milk and blend.
- Spray oven safe dish (I used a lodge cast iron skillet) with avocado oil spray.
- Layer the sliced potatoes on the bottom of the pan. Add cooked broccoli. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
If you are following WW – on #purple each serving is 4 points, on #blue its 6 points and on #green its 8 points.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 313Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 211mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
What is your favorite ingredient in quiche? Side note: you could also leave out the bacon bits to make it vegetarian. If you love quiche like I do, check out my Alouette garlic and cheese quiche – so good!