These banana bacon pancakes are next level. They are slightly sweet and have a hint of saltiness from the bacon. So good!
Buttermilk pancakes are the best, but what happens if you don’t have any on hand?
How do you make buttermilk?
You simply have to add a tablespoon of any type of vinegar to one cup of any type of milk. I prefer white vinegar to one cup of unsweetened almond milk.
What is the secret to fluffy pancakes?
Let the baking powder do it’s magic! I prefer to let my batter sit for at least 30 minutes for fluffy pancakes.
Once you place the banana and bacon, simply add the second tablespoon of batter and cook with a lid on so the middle gets cooked. I have this T-Fal pan and it’s amazingly nonstick.
Can you meal prep pancakes?
Three for breakfast was super filling. These would also be great to make for meal prep, and either reheat in the toaster, air fryer or microwave.
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Truvia
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Mix the vinegar with the almond milk. Let sit five minutes.
- Mix that with the flour, oat flour, alt, baking powder, truvia and egg. Mix and try to let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat skillet with avocado oil spray. Use a tablespoon and use a tablespoon of batter, then place a sliced banana and a bit of chopped bacon, then top with another tablespoon of batter.
- Cook with a lid on for 2-3 minutes over medium low heat per side. Garnish with more sliced banana, blueberries and sugar free pancake syrup.
On #teampurple each pancake is 1 point.
On #teamblue and #teamgreen each pancake is 2 points each, two are 3 points and three are 5 points.
Each pancake is 78 calories, 2.5 fat, 10 carbs, .8 fiber and 3.6 protein
Let me know if you make these banana bacon pancakes! If you love pancakes, check out my cottage cheese blueberry pancakes – love the sweet/savory combo in that recipe.