The Asian Zing sauce is one of my favorite sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings. My Asian Zing Chicken Nuggets will taste as if you are sitting at the restaurant!
My only complaint is that sometimes the sauce was a bit too sweet for me – and then I would add for buffalo sauce to balance it – ha!
This sauce is money! It’s sweet/spicy/salty/garlicy. So good!
The question I know I will get asked is “can you make these in the air fryer?” Probably! Sometimes I like to post recipes that everyone can make, even if they don’t have an air fryer.
Had I had some veggies I would have added peapods, or green beans to make it more of a meal, but I was a happy camper with this dish as is. Feel free to garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup flour (you’ll only use 1/4 cup though)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- avocado oil spray
- For the sauce:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup no calorie sweetener (I used Truvia Sweet Complete)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Heat a skillet with the grapeseed oil and avocado oil spray over medium heat.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together in a large ziplock bag. Dip the chicken in the egg white mixture, then toss in the flour and mix until the chicken is completely covered.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- While the chicken cooks, mix the sauce ingredients together. Add to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes, until thickened. I ended up adding a tablespoon of water to loosen it up again right before tossing.
The sauce itself is only 1 point on all WW plans. The dish shown is 4 points on #teamblue and #teampurple and 7 points on #teamgreen.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 413Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1695mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
Let me know if you make these Asian Zing Chicken Nuggets! I know you will love this dish as much as I do.
If you are looking for another copycat recipe, check out my recipe for Starbuck’s vanilla bean scones.